Saturday 10 October 2015

Don't Wear Red.

Those you who know me will recall that most of the time I'm attired in Levi jeans and a rugby shirt. I do dress up on occasions but the nature of my job sometimes getting down and dirty precludes me dressing up often. When I got up today with the intention of going to meet my friend Katherine in China Town I donned said Levi jeans and my red Ralph Lauren rugby shirt.

I wasn't overly enthused by the rugby world cup even before England's dismal performance so had no knowledge or interest in the fact that Wales are playing today. On the train I was surrounded by red clad Wales supporters and it was only a matter of time before so one assumed I was in the throng. I was not. I have never been confused for a Welshman until today. My only connection with Wales is that Miriam studied in Cardiff. I couldn't care less about either game, it has been that bad.

Welsh confusion aside I had a lovely afternoon with Katherine. We tried a different restaurant today, a place recommended by my Caymanian friend Lisa. It was very good but not quite what we planned for our occasional meeting. I had forgotten the Chinese love of meat on the bone and soon realised my chopstick skills weren't really up to little bits of bony chicken in the hotpot. Not to either of our taste. The ribs were outstanding but not quite what I wanted. The belly pork was to die for.

After lunch I spent a fortune on opera, Verdi, Beethoven and Purcell. That's my next 3 Sundays organised then. Tomorrow will be Beethoven's Fidelio - never heard it before. And rare roast beef. I splashed out on forerib, how divine is that?

Enjoy your weekend. More tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment