Sunday 4 October 2015

Misty Mornings.

A few days have now passed since my meltdown. Thursday was indeed a calm evening. On Friday morning I saw the autumnal mists rising over the River Mimram as I drove in. A fine sight. It was another day of chaos but I coped and came home relieved it was all over for another week.

This weekend has been devoted to cooking. A pork chop roasted on a bed of fennel with crushed new potatoes dressed in rapeseed oil and lemon zest was last night's effort. Today I roasted a rack of lamb. Both efforts were splendid.

In contrast to the last few Sundays I am not anxious. Not I fear because I'm coping better but more that tomorrow is a conference rather than office day. I'm hoping that extra 24 hours away from the chaos will aid my recovery.

This afternoon I'm watching the Jets - Dolphins game at Wembley. Not the most inspiring game I've ever seen but great to have the NFL back in the UK. I'm working on getting tickets for Nigel and me to go to the next game at the end of October.

I can't quite work out where I am mentally. It is not so much that I have been depressed this week. More that sense of feeling so pressured I couldn't cope. Anxious yes, depressed maybe. Where will I be tomorrow? Anxious I expect. But now, I'm okay. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment