Wednesday 31 December 2014

Icy Streets.

An icy sheen of frost has descended for the last 3 days. It is treacherous out there and bitterly cold. That said the sun is shining, I still have a few days off and much to my surprise my flat remains warm. Still no luck on the replacement part for the boiler, having got an answer phone 9 times I tried a different number and finally got to speak to a real person. Sadly all she could do was promise to send an e mail to the parts department. So the wait goes on.

It is New Year's Eve. A time to celebrate and mourn. A year ago today my friend Jeff lost his battle with cancer. Facebook is covered in references to him and he will remain in all our thoughts as we party in The Hedgehog tonight.

Mourning aside I am feeling more relaxed. My 1000 word reflective piece is written. Whether it is any good or not is another matter. I really had no idea what was expected of me. A friendly academic has offered to look at it but that fills me with dread. Do I send it to her or not? I feel just like chancing my arm and hoping for the best. There is still more than 2 weeks before hand in day. Time I suppose to adjust if necessary. I just don't want to do it.

So it leaves me wishing you all a very Happy New Year. My final post of 2014. See you all in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment