Monday 29 December 2014

Back Home, No Answer and Rendang.

Well the snow held off and I made it back to Hertfordshire after a slightly truncated journey on 3 motorways punctuated by various hold ups. Having done what I thought was the hard part I spent the much of the rest of the day trying to get the boiler working long enough to heat the flat. It works although somewhat precariously limping onwards.

So as you can imagine it was good to find a letter from the heating company to say my replacement part was available. What I didn't expect today was that not 1 of my 6 calls actually made it through to a person on the other end. Goodness knows when it will now get fixed. I have another week off and very much hope it is not in the cold.

Putting off my academic work until tomorrow I thought I would check out the sales. Nothing of interest although that is clearly good for my bank balance after Christmas. Bit dull though.

To make up for a day distinctly lacking in success I pounded a Rendang curry paste and have it all cooking away with some good beef as I write. There are 7 Thai chillies in it so hoping for some heat.

Tomorrow is tomorrow, have to do battle with learning theories. But once that 1000 words is done I can rest for a few months. Not thinking about my next project just yet. More in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment