Thursday 11 December 2014

And Still I Sleep.

It would appear that I'm coming to the end of my enforced absence. If all goes to plan I will be back at the University on Monday for a final week before Christmas. My anxiety appears to have dissipated. My concentration is coming back slowly and my mood is okay. Just okay, no more than that. That has been a strange aspect of my recent malaise, I have not been depressed. Yet still I sleep, and sleep, and sleep. I haven't got up before 11.15 am in a few weeks. For a couple of days the nightmares returned. And after that I felt edgy. But it did not send me headlong downwards. Somehow between now and Monday the fatigue has to go.

Away from it all I have finally managed to make some progress on my MSc assignment. Very hard to write when one's mind is empty. I awarded myself a day off today to watch the Varsity Match from Twickenham. Not had a chance to watch for several years. It was a disaster, a record defeat against Oxford. 5 consecutive defeats in the oldest club match in history or so I'm led to believe. Those not at or of Oxford and Cambridge cannot really understand how important it is to beat the other. I never managed it in my 3 Varsity Bowls. And Oxbridge looks after its own. All these years later Cambridge still looks out for me.

A shepherd's pie is on the menu tonight. I will soon start winding down my kitchen activities for a week Sunday I will be with dad in Kent. I'm mobile again now so have the freedom to drive which I lacked for a week. I need to get writing tomorrow to make more progress but it it goes well maybe I'll get a little venture out into the country too.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment