Saturday 27 December 2014

Bitter Cold.

Dark threatening clouds are now masking the pale winter sun that had lit up this bitterly cold day. In my part of Kent we missed the snow thank goodness. But it is bitterly cold and an icy wind blows.

So Christmas is done and dusted. We had a magical day despite a couple of catering hiccups. The ham was a triumph, Mike's roast potatoes were a dream and the wine kept flowing. Strangely enough I felt utterly sober by the end of the night. Then again after the mighty Boxing Day run. Very odd.

Tomorrow I drive home hoping not to have to contend with snow. It looks doable at the moment. Very much hoping the heating is still working when I get back-awaiting a replacement part at the moment. A day of rest before the final MSc furlong on Tuesday. Should only take 2-3 hours to run off the required 1000 words. After that relaxing week before having to settle into my new office and back to the mayhem. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

PS The belly pork in the oven smells extremely good-nice slow cook seasoned with thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment