Friday 19 December 2014

Waving Goodbye to the Heron.

Pale winter sunlight is glistening on the surface of the lake. Little stirs on this day. This day is the day I say goodbye to that place of tranquility. Fearing I would not see the heron before I left I went for a wander earlier. And there he was, grey heron accompanied by silver swan. A fond farewell.

My office is packed and bare. I'm tying up loose ends and trying to work out what to do with the large picture of me that came in my direction following the award that wasn't in 2012. That seems a long time ago now. Recovering from another relapse I muse on how fragile my mental health can be at times. And I'm the one who got out. Each day I must be on my guard.

At 2.30 pm I will go home. Tonight we have a retirement dinner in London. When I get back it will be to something new. Will it get easier? I doubt it. Will I look for other jobs? Probably. But for now a holiday beckons. My MSc assignment is complete along with my references. Just the 1000 word reflective piece to go when I return from Kent. Then I will have done it.

I may be in Kent next time I'm on here; off to dad's on Sunday. Take care out there in the pale winter sun. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment