Wednesday 24 December 2014

Hope is Born.

Seasons greetings on Christmas Eve. Yes we are nearly there. As I write there have been precisely 22,000 hits on my blog since I started in the autumn of 2010. Where everyone has gone I have no idea, hits are really down this month. But never mind.

You find me pretty much prepared for the big day. Presents all wrapped and delivered, ham is poached in cider and going up to Beka's this afternoon. Dad is just about keeping up although he does find it all quite stressful. I have bought some nice wine and some cheese-the French are bringing the cheese so likely to be a little too strong and soft for me. So Cornish Yarg will suffice for me.

If anyone out there is actually reading you will note it has been a while since I was on here. No excuse, just didn't feel like it. I drove down on Sunday after going to the most amazing musical event the previous evening. Hope Russell Winter is only 15 years old yet has an extraordinary voice with power, control and delicacy. What a performance. A star was truly born that day. Her mum may well become my new manager. Hope is all over Youtube and her EP is downloadable from all the usual outlets-bit technically demanding for me so I have a CD.

And so to the end. I don't think I will be back on until the very early hours of Boxing Day morning. Merry Christmas to you all and have a wonderful and peaceful New Year.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment