Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Day Mum Waited For.

Mum would have been delighted. It has been auspicious day. No I'm not back to full health. I haven't had any change in my life. But something mum and I both wanted to happen occurred today. The Church of England finally announced the first female bishop.

I walked away from religion years ago. Mum never did. And she was adamant about the role women could and should play in the church. That was one of the themes of my eulogy 2 1/2 years ago. Sadly mum never got to see her dream. My only sadness-and it is a very small sadness-is that it was not my old Cambridge friend Lucy Winkett who was elected first. Her time will come.

In my little world I continue to battle fatigue but I'm ploughing on. I finished my MSc assignment this afternoon. Needs checking and have to update the bibliography. When I get back from dad's I will write the required 1000 word reflective piece. Then it is done. Hand in date is mid January.

After that who knows? Another book perhaps? Maybe, but first a rest. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment