Saturday 4 May 2013

Beethoven on Holiday.

Is there anything more glorious than Beethoven's Kreutzer sonata blasting out from the car stereo on a warm Friday afternoon? It was a most triumphant day and I felt good. Uplifted by the dancing violin and the extraordinary accompaniment I prepared for a holiday weekend. Then something odd happened. A mood nosedive and an overwhelming sense of loneliness last night. I was tired too. The last week or so I have felt more refreshed than at any time since Chritsmas. Fortunately it was an abberation.

Yes it is a bank holiday weekend. I have worked hard today, washing, hoovering, sweeping, and mopping the kitchen and bathroom floors. Just the bathroom to do tomorrow plus the dreaded desk clearing then I'm free until Tuesday. I will devote the days to cooking. That said I'm going out for roast beef tomorrow at the Hedgehog. The Hedgehog, the pub they all said don't go into when I moved to Hertfordhire in 2007. They were all wrong, now it is my second home. They don't do food often but Josephine is a wonderful cook so it should be fun. Actually she is fearful of cooking for me, she always thinks she cannot match mine. Well in reality she is better than me.

Before then I will do something with prawns-Thai or Vietnamese I think. Then on Monday I will do an Indian shoulder of lamb slow roasted for several hours. I had curry yesterday too-a fine chicken affort although it lacked colour as they had run out of coriander at the shop.

Perhaps on Monday I will go out into the country for a beer. Then it is back to reality. I wonder what next week will bring. Bye for now.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment