Sunday 19 May 2013

Unexpected Mozart.

This morning I awoke at 10.30 after yet another dream. The evidence in my ash tray suggests it was a bad night for dreams-each time I awake I smoke. One I rememeber being bad but have no idea of the content. But it was the last one that mattered. For it was then, for the first time in a long time that Rachel came to me in a dream. Yet it was not the face of her as a young woman as indeed she was the last time I saw her. Instead it was the imagined image of an older woman. I recall very vaguely from my days teaching myself A level Philosophy that no one in the history of the world has ever created a new image. All mythical beasts from ancient mythology are hybrids of beasts that were known. Yet I created and indentified an image I have never seen. Who knows what she looks like now? I don't really care as I doubt I will ever see her again.

So why did I have such a dream? It also included King's for it was in that mighty building that I know so well that I saw her in that dream. Well when I went for drinks with the ex choir people it was in the very same pub where I last saw the young Rachel. It was in the early summer of 1995 when she would have been coming up for 23. It was dream I would rather not have had. But at least it was in my sleep. I hope I have banished forever the imagery of my psychosis. She didn't come often apart from with her voice but when she did come it was bad.

As such it was a diffcult start to another Sunday. Yet I'm buoyed by England's mighty demolition of New Zealand at Lord's. Shame in a manner of speaking as it was such an evenly fought test. But nice guys aren't winners in sport-you go out to crush and that was what happened.

Now I face an unexpected free afternoon. Thus in complete contradiction to my post yesterday there will be Mozart this afternoon. I fancied some fun so the "Magic Flute" fills the airwaves. Later I turn my attention to my chicken. I think I will stuff it with lemon and thyme. I have friend coming with wine-hope he chooses something good. All too soon I will retire again to bed. Then tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to that one.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment