Wednesday 29 May 2013

Flaming June Is 3 days Away!

I have been cold all day. Having survived that annual navel gazing and self congratulatory bullshit that is the annual away day I had to be on time this morning. I'm never at my best at 9 am. In fact I rarely come alive until about 11 am. But today was different. I dressed more tidily, set off and got in early. Awaiting was another date with a professional photographer. I'm not an easy person to photograph. And no I didn't commission some shots for my own vanity and ego. I was persuaded to do it for the Vice-Chancellor's Awards. The photographer remembered me. Funny how I go 4 years not noticed that 2 years in a row getting noticed. It is most un-nerving walking down corridors with huge images of myself beaming down on me.

We were finished by 9.30 am. The legacy was being freezing all day. When I got home I had to sit in front of a heater for a few minutes just to unfreeze me feet. It is May. Flaming is coming on Saturday. Why is it so fucking cold? That said I suppose it beats the monsoon of last spring.

I feel nothing today, just a day of nothing. I will bake some chicken thighs and roast some potatoes later. Can't think of anything else to do today. Then I suppose I will watch the TV-another dull day of getting older. I do wish my mood would lift above 0. It has been a while.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment