Sunday 26 May 2013

A Visitors Weekend.

All has now gone quiet in blogland after the aberration that was this week. Still healthy numbers though. So what of my life since my last post? It is another week down. It is a bank holiday weekend. And I have had visitors.

My old friend Marie came up from Kent on Friday. She hasn't visited since November, the vaguaries of life and money have ensured that delay. That one I was expecting. What I didn't expect was the return of my wandering Malaysian friend Joey. You may recall she went home in June. I didn't expect to see her again except maybe for a visit. Yet she is backed armed with a new visa, somewhere to stay and as of last night she is back in her old job. Strange thing is she has given up drinking. It is most odd to see her drinking mineral water rather than her favoured red wine.

Joey is now back in London before she takes up her old job. Another visitor is due at 2 pm, Richard my neighbour bringing a crisp and dry white wine. I'm actually cooking a gammon joint-smells wonderful-with which I would normally drink red. But much as Marie likes red wine it does not like her. So white it is.

Tomorrow I will rest then I have an away day at work. I'm dreading that as I suspect it will feel like all day group therapy. If I needed therapy I would go and pay for it myself. In the meantime it is back a quiet Sunday of cricket, ham and maybe some Pimm's later on.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment