Saturday 11 May 2013

Coming in From the Cold.

Considering it is May it is really rather cold and dull out there. Long gone is the glorious sunshine of yesterday which prompted me to make Pimm's when I got back. What is going on? Well at least it isn't pouring down. I have just returned from my usual trip to town on Saturday. This morning I went much earlier than normal. Got my hair cut without having to wait for ages. I lunched with Yan at the Fu Hao-the hot and sour soup was perfect to fight off the cold. The Tsing Tao went down well too. I wandered about then did some shopping. My plan was to roast a duck but they didn't have any. So it is back to my old staple of slow roast belly pork for tomorrow. I'm actually cutting back on fatty cuts but I'm sure one every now and again rather than every week will help.

Back at my flat I have Puccini on and I'm wondering what to do next; perhaps some reading. Reflecting on this week-yes another week closer to Christmas-I was told or heard 2 really odd things. Apparently I don't know anything about mental health that doesn't pertain to students. I'm also too logical. What planet do these people live on? If they have read "A Pillar of Impotence" they clearly didn't get it. Some say it is the most moving book they have ever read. By God does it provoke emotion-tissues seem to need to be nearby. I leave you dear reader with a question, why do counsellors seem to think they have a monopoly on emotion? Yes those people who are not allowed to display emotion or make anything real! My skill such as it is is to make life real. Not spout Freudian bollocks on the rare occasions I speak. I speak rather lot when I work. And pretty much the rest of the time.

So I will try to forget about last week and focus on resting and culture. Maybe I'll be back tomorrow, maybe not.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment