Sunday 12 May 2013

Where Has This Decade Gone!

The best part of a decade has gone by since I last went to the cinema. Well I think it is a decade. I'm pretty certain that the last film I saw was "Return of the King" which I think came out in 2003. You can deduce from that that I'm not an ardent film viewer. I have a small select collection of DVDs numbering around 30. A couple of weeks ago I added to said collection with a copies of "The Hobbit" and "Silver Linings Playbook". Last night I watched the latter.

In the main I find Hollywood films tedious but was  drawn to it because of the bipolar character. And I was not disappointed. I know nothing of dancing-in fact I detest it-nor of romance but I do know about crazies. And by God did they get that right. They spoke our language, the one we share with each other and no one else. Those mad conversations about hospital and medication that we sometimes use to alarm others or to just hide our shame. Actually I'm no longer ashamed of my madness but there are those out there who will never get it.

Yet the film alarmed me somewhat in bringing together crazies in relationships. I've blogged about that before. Crazies are great but I would not want to get involved with one again. More to the point would anyone risk getting involved with me and all the selfish madness that entails? Probably not so I remain a paragon of singledom. I'm always struck by the irony of how much relationship advice I give at work but remain unencumbered by such things away from there. What would I know?

Away from the crazies it is another quiet Sunday afternoon. I have some belly pork slow roasting on the bed of carrots and celery with rosemary and thyme. I have had my fix of Puccini, "Turandot" today. And now I have moved onto Handel's "Saul". I was there for this recording but did not sing. The boredom of recording sessions is not something I miss.

So until next week I bid you all a happy Sunday whatever you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment