Wednesday 28 February 2018

Success at Last.

Hello out there on this snowy day. I do hope you are safe and had no falls on the ice. Yes the Russian weather has ground much of the UK to a halt. Here in sunny Hertfordshire I think we have got away with this quite lightly compared to other places. I'm not a fan of snow so hope it goes soon.

So what to say after my recent absence. In terms of fact I have now moved next door, from number 26 to number 21. The actual move with the help of my friends went remarkably smoothly and we had completed it in three hours. Finished in time to watch the rugby.

The new flat is much nicer, better set out, carpeted throughout and with a balcony. Sadly it has the same old style boiler as was just replaced in the old flat but so far so good. The sofa was delivered on Monday, most of my unpacking is done. There was a problem with the broadband that has only just been fixed but here I am.

In terms of mental health the anxiety has dissipated considerably. I had two good days mood wise. Less so today sadly. Sleep remains unsettled and I'm worried that will prolong things. I have a fear that people will forget that my issues of recent weeks still exist despite the move. That was certainly hugely contributing to my anxiety but was not the whole story.

An appointment has been made for me on Friday morning for an initial assessment with the mental health people. I don't know who I'm seeing but I hope it is not just a test for CBT. That isn't what I need.

Lying in bed on Monday morning, awake but unwilling to get up I was musing on the ebb and flow of the tide on the beach. As the tide ebbs the rock pools isolate and sit, when it flows they fill. Digging a hole will attract water. And that water feels like the ludicrous detritus of my recent travails. My mood disorder still exists even though my circumstances have improved. As I posted a while ago, you can't run away from yourself.

So it is still a day at a time. I'm not going far in this snow so staying home is on the cards. Lunch time I think. Now I have a freezer I have taken myself back to the 1970s and will indulge my passion for fishfingers, what a marvellous way to christen a new home.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment