Sunday 4 February 2018

Arrogant, Rude and Aggressive. Some People are Never Happy.

It strikes me that the "youth of today" of every generation are much maligned. Is this generation any worse than my generation? I graduated during a recession but apparently the last was the worst ever. I had my breakdown during the early stages of care in the community. Yet this generation have more mental health problems and face worse services. Every generation recalls the powerless boredom of being a teenager. But apparently social media makes it worse.

I do not have answers for this recurring problem but what I do know is that lots of young people have very low paid jobs and are exposed to the arrogance the rudeness of some who are wealthier than them. Most young people who work in restaurants or behind bars earn very little. Yet they are forced to face the brunt of such rude arrogant people.

When Sarah and I got to The Waggoners for a late lunch I knew we were in trouble by the sheer volume of the appalling woman in the corner next to us shouting across the table. We were then subjected to an entire afternoon of complaint after complaint aimed at the young, overworked waitresses. In case you didn't know you arrogant bitch bones are in the nature of ordering fish. If you don't like it, fuck off and stop spoiling everyones' afternoon.

We had a long chat after to the young women who looked after us on a difficult and busy afternoon. It is my pet hate people who are so rude to the young who in the main are trying their best. Despite the noise, annoyance and the running out of roast beef we had a lovely lunch.

As you will gather I have returned to Hertfordshire. I came back yesterday afternoon and had a pretty good trip. My mood remains flat at best and the anxiety comes and goes. It was helpful talking to a GP and I'm expecting Kym to ring with her thoughts later when she gets back from her trip to Newcastle. Things stand with me still off. I'm trying hard not to overthink. That was easy by the sea, those walks along the front were soothing.

Time though marches on and I'm not sure where I'm going. There are so many layers to my current series of setbacks. I will find my way but there doesn't seem to be a clear path just yet.

Tonight I will stay up late for the Super Bowl. The fridge is stocked, the TV warmed and flat quite comforting. Will be cheering on the Eagles although I put their chances at pretty thin. But there have been surprises before and I hope there is again.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment