Sunday 2 July 2017

Recovery Days.

The sun coming out on a nice Sunday afternoon has to aid recovery. It is beautiful out there so I had a short venture to The Waggoners to sit in the sun and watch the world go by. I'm still in some discomfort with the neck and shoulder but have improved sufficiently to stop taking the pain killers. I seem to be on the right track but I think I will still go to my follow up physio appointment on Wednesday.

Work beckons tomorrow but I'm not too worried about it. True I have been tired this weekend but anxiety levels are under control, I have no concerns re the morrow and I will enjoy what is left of the weekend.

My weekend has been somewhat quieter than that of others. Miriam enjoyed her trip away and has been to Ely Cathedral today for an ordination. Dad has been celebrating the 40th anniversary of another ordination so busy all round family wise.

In my quiet I have gone back to Handel for some Sunday afternoon culture. I'm quite a fan really. My old choir master at Selwyn was an expert on Handel opera and would often spend his summers rediscovering almost forgotten works and re-orchestrating them for modern performances. I still regret feeling I let him down by resigning my choral scholarship in my 3rd year as mental illness struck. Mum was furious but a friend of the family later commented it was the best thing I had ever done as it was a decision I made for myself rather than doing what everyone else wanted.

At our curry on Friday some comment was made on my lack of singing these days. In truth I'm not ready to go back to it. Whether I will or not is up for debate but I will need to curb the self beating by acknowledging that over 20 years since I sang regularly I will not be as good as I once was. And that will be a sticking point.

Roast chicken is coming up later with a glass of chilled Albarino. Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment