Sunday 9 July 2017

A Mention in Dispatches.

Hello out there, have you enjoyed the beautiful weekend? Summer keeps coming although it was somewhat tricky travelling in such heat and humidity. Yes I have been away for the weekend hence my silence on here.

On Friday I travelled down to Kent for Nikki's wedding. Having some years ago had a frightful experience trying to get to Tom's wedding my mind was playing tricks on me and told me all sorts of mischief. Fortunately my fears all came to nothing, hurrah!

The wedding itself was magnificent. Not at my singing best as I'm not that familiar with Methodist hymns. I was a little worried as I knew almost no one. But they made me supremely welcome and we had a marvellous day.

Amazingly I was mentioned in the bridegroom's speech. True I did support Nikki for a long time during her university time but it does feel as though it was overblown. I heard that actually what was set was very cut down from the original. However memories of tough times and the tears that might ensue cut it back. I feel very honoured to be mentioned.

Barring the testosterone fuelled and exceedingly rude group of young men who took over my part of the train it wasn't a bad journey home. I was back at the flat by 12.45.

No opera so far as England are excelling at Lord's. Poor morning for them but surely a mountain for South Africa to climb from here.

I have a gammon joint to roast for my supper. No guests today but I did promise Bronwen I would take her a ham sandwich later.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Loving A Passage to India which I started on my journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment