Friday 21 July 2017

Fruitful Frugality, Spending but Worth It.

Given that we are still some way off until pay day I'm struggling to curb my spending. Learning in recent weeks the value of our NHS by not having access to free care it has been a mightily expensive few weeks. Dentists and Physiotherapists are not cheap. Add in going away to the wedding and that I'm now on holiday until pay day I need to calm down. But I can't. There are two trips to London and a trip to St Albans planned. So by rights I should be frugal. But who can resist a bargain?

I have extolled the acerbic wit and genius of the late A A Gill on here a couple of times before. In an unexpected quiet need to kill time moment today I ventured into Waterstones. Lo and behold I discovered a copy of his book Pour Me, a memoir of has battle with alcoholism for a £1. Why not? What is another £1? It will add to my pile of books to be read at a date to be decided.

So what of now? As noted already I'm on holiday. Thank goodness for that. Actually the last few weeks have been much calmer. They often are in July and August. There was some debate yet again over whether someone was mentally ill or not today but I hope I was clear on my advice. Why do we equate bad behaviour with mental health? It will be a battle that no doubt will be resumed on 31st.

Tonight my lovely friend Sarah is coming for dinner. She is my friend who went to school near me. I know several Sarahs. She is braving my fiery curries today. I have turned to Laos for this evening's event, crab with a fragrant curry paste. There are fewer chillies than I normally use so hopefully won't blow her away.

I'm not sure when I will resurface on here but I suspect I will update you on my adventures as I live the life of leisure if only for a few days. Have a great weekend all of you.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment