Sunday 16 July 2017

Seeing the Break of the Dawn.

What made me wake I do not recall. Probably a bad dream. As I wandered in in search of my vapouriser I witnessed the rising of the sun. Even in my myopia it was a staggering sight. The small living room in my flat faces east so perfect on the rare thank goodness days when I wake to see the dawn. 5.30 am was not what I planned. For the next few hours I slept broken sleep, my mind alert and dreaming of how to write this post. The rest escapes me although I woke up listless and uncertain forcing me to get up.

Not the best start to the day post dawn. What I didn't expect after that start was an overcast and extremely humid day. Sticky and close it is not easy being out. An occasional breeze drifts in through my windows but not enough to take away the oppression.

My first thought this morning was why did I invite people to dinner yet again? In those first waking moments of uncertainty the challenge of having to do seems overwhelming. Several hours later having been out for a pint in The White Horse I'm still not certain of cooking tonight. But I will.

England look doomed in the cricket. Another week looms not too bright but as an underlying niggle. It is the summer, why am I worried? Partly because I'm still uncertain why I was made to disclose in a place not of my choosing. I was given no idea what Friday was all about apart from the cryptic "invite" which was of course an order. In the main I do not like orders.

So what lies in store now? I've done the cleaning I planned. I can watch the cricket even if we are losing. Too early for tea. A glass of Pimm's perhaps? Do I pop over to the BBQ at The Hedgehog? What I really want to do is hide away. All because of broken sleep.

The day will end soon enough. And I will be that much older. I'm not really enjoying this Sunday. Let's put it down to just an off day. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment