Saturday 22 July 2017

A Wasted Afternoon?

The rain has been coming down pretty much all afternoon. Heavy at times things do seem to have eased off now. Not the most appealing day to be going out. I did go out for a while, bought the pork to roast tomorrow and some things to go with it. But early home and wondering what to do.

Should I be indulgent and listen to sublime music and read culturally magnificent books? Do something productive in the flat? No, I chose instead to put my feet up, quaff Assam tea and watch TV. That there were three episodes of Rick Stein's Mediterranean Odyssey series back to back it made the choice pretty easy.

Now that is over I'm wondering what next? I have a plaice fillet for my supper. Mum loved plaice but I've never cooked it. Think I will simply pan fry it in butter, sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice and serve with new potatoes and some vegetables. But after that I'm undecided.

Given that the NFL season is now less than seven weeks away and my time will be dominated by watching five games a week I think I might take advantage of a nothing evening to watch a film. The alternative is Britten's Peter Grimes. I'm a big fan and it is some time since I listened. Oh what to do?

What I don't want to happen is my week goes so fast and I squander what time I have. Time always flies when I'm not working. My anxiety is firmly in its place having shouted at me last Sunday and Monday. The rest of the week passed and another Saturday is here. Ticking of time. We can never stop that.

I will report back soon on what has become of this break. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe in the week. Look forward to talking again in the silence of a one way on line conversation.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment