Friday 30 June 2017

Dwelling on Mistakes.

Two days removed from the physio battering I'm still in some pain. Sufficient pain for another day at home. Texting in at a stupid hour I was confronted by what I didn't do before I left. I was aware that might happen. I'm not always up to date and thus it transpires that something happened that I hadn't planned for. I'm sorry to not be perfect but I do wish I wouldn't dwell so much on what I did wrong rather than what I did right.

The upshot was no further sleep and up not much later than normal. That is never a good plan when I'm trying to sleep. I emerged to face the day wondering what to do. I have cancelled tonight's plans in the main. I do have an invitation to meet school friends but I will decide on that later.

I did shop, I have to eat. Then another mistake. Changing a duvet cover is never my favourite occupation but doing it with a damaged neck was probably not my best decision.

Taking that on board I certainly won't be pounding any Thai curry pastes until I'm back in the land of normality.

Having eaten I took another dose of Ibuprofen which when it kicks in will help. With nothing further to do I have put a Haydn opera on and will while away the afternoon trying not to beat myself up too much on my undoubted weaknesses and to focus instead on moving forward.

Miriam is 50 today. Off for the weekend she is enjoying the hospitality of Britten country over at Aldeburgh. Years since I was out that way. Next weekend I will be away as it is Nikki's wedding. Still somewhat nervous on how I will fit in and if the accommodation arrangements will work out. Where oh where does this stupid anxiety come from? All will be fine on the day. As I fret please enjoy the weekend, time for a rest.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment