Wednesday 5 July 2017

Sultry, Hot and Tiring.

Following a lull summer has returned in another wave of hot, sultry, tiring days. Wonderful to be at the beach with factor 50 on, a bottle of Pimm's and a couple of disposable BBQs with a load of my famous home marinated kebabs. Or in a beer garden lapping up the rays and a nice light summer ale. Heaven.

Instead I was trying to cool down both mentally and physically in a stifling office and having to think on my feet from the moment I walked in. In fact it was before I had even taken off my blazer that news of the unexpected that I have to deal with came in my direction. I think it went okay.

Later I went back to the physio. Having made really great progress I had thought about cancelling my appointment but went as there was some residual discomfort. In fact I had more pain today than yesterday. It was helpful and unlike last week I'm not suffering now.

It was a long tiring day but I was sufficiently upbeat that I felt a Pimm's was needed. True is wasn't the beach but in my shorts and with all the windows and doors open I indulged.

With some leftover steak I pondered what to do. I daren't risk my neck on a Thai curry paste. That might have been a little overwhelming. Steak and chips with a glass of Rioja was rather overdoing it on such a hot day. So instead I made a Lebanese salad of seared steak salad with grapes and sumac. I had to improvise slightly but the result was good. I'm tempted to have a chilled glass of Chablis after my salad but not sure on the etiquette of white wine after beef? Rioja is simply too heavy.

I was undecided what to listen to for opera night. Verdi was rejected. Puccini considered and disregarded. Handel came a close second but I wanted fun and glory so back to Mozart and my original recording of The Magic Flute.

Shortly I will return to The Plume Serpent. Almost finished that. I think E M Forster next. By the time I next post it is likely Nikki will be married. And with luck those lurking anxieties I harbour for that day will have come to nothing. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment