Saturday 31 December 2016

Another Ending, What Beginning Awaits?

So we have reached the final day of 2016. What a roller coaster it has been for me and the wider world. That wider world mourns yet more celebrities dying, I mourn my 11 dead in the last 13 months. So many in so short a time. 20% of my annual leave last year was taken up with funerals. But there has been a lull now, long may it last.

A year ago I was still struggling out of a mighty burn out driven slump. Yes my madness sometimes comes back to bite me. Yet not now. Mentally I have been doing really well since the autumn. Now winter encompasses us in the fog of the last two days, the bitter cold and icy pavements, and the general gloom of today. I'm usually fine until after the Super Bowl when the dark, wet cold cannot be held off much longer. I will wake up again at Easter.

Seems a strange day for a celebration. I'm home, sorting things out, finally putting the cards up, listening to Mozart Piano Sonatas, and staying away from the outside world.

Tonight I will re-engage with that world as we remember our friend Jeff who lost his battle with cancer three years ago today. The following day was when I succumbed to the evils of whooping cough. I have come down with yet another cough, coldy thing but nothing at all serious.

After tonight the New Year brings slow roast shoulder of lamb, possibly paracetamol and more rest. I'm not sleeping that well but there is still a way to go. What will 2017 bring me? I do not have crystal ball but I feel in a better place today than I did a year ago.

To all my kind readers out there whoever you, Happy New Year and have an unimaginably good 2017.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment