Sunday 4 December 2016

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep.

Much of today has been devoted to sleeping. I really must try to get to bed earlier of a weekend as gone 2 am is too late. The upshot is I slept the sleep of the dead and failed to emerge until lunch time. It doesn't really matter I suppose but feels a little as if I'm wasting my life away.

Without that precious sleep though my abilities to keep my illness at bay would be severely curtailed. The greatest indicators of relapse are insomnia, not having enough time to catch up and managing my stress. Most of the time I succeed but I can leave nothing to chance.

It's clear but chilly out. My flat is lovely and warm and the smell of pork roasting brings a lot of pleasure. In my folly of too many pints of Doombar in the pub I now have 3 guests coming for dinner. It will all be fun but a lot of clearing and tidying is required to allow us all to sit down. This flat is nowhere near as convenient for entertaining as the legendary No 2 Chapel Street my previous abode back in my days of Kent. All seems a long time ago now.

The new week will no doubt be just as busy as all those that have gone by already but we are near the end. I will have just over 2 weeks for my holiday. Time to sleep, see people, cook, and recuperate. After the marathon that has been this term it is certainly needed.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. There seem to be a lot of you tuning in to my musings at the moment, viewing figures have been really good.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment