Sunday 18 December 2016

Enjoying the Peace.

It wasn't quite my plan to wake so late today. In truth I stayed far too long at The Hedgehog Christmas party. Hard to believe Tony and Josephine will no longer be there in a month. Had a very interesting chat with Sarah one of the regular who it transpires grew up in Shoreham and Lancing at the same time as I was at Lancing College in the 1980s. What a small world and fun to take a trip back to those pubs of 6th Form days, The Amsterdam, The Red Lion, The Sussex Pad, The Crown and Anchor in Shoreham, The Bridge at Upper Beading, The Shepherd and Dog at Faulking, The Nightingale and The Green Dragon in Brighton. I liked looking back fondly on those times.

I didn't feel hungover today, just tired. Sunday service is resumed and I'm enjoying the peace of being away from it all. Haydn is today's composer. I've read most of the paper and am vaguely thinking about cooking. In a fit of overindulgence I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for lunch. For tonight a corn fed chicken is on the top coming up to room temperature ready to roast around 4.30 pm or so.

There are but 3 days left before my long earned break. My plan was to try to keep this week simple to catch up . But inevitably that hasn't happened. Sickness and departures are serving to hamper my department. I can't do anything about that but sooner or later reinforcements will be needed. And people need to get well not push too hard for an early return. I have learned that lesson in the past-you can't rush illness.

As I chill in seasonal splendour may you all have a relaxing day too and just think the holiday is but a few days away for those in countries where Christianity is part of the fabric of society. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment