Monday 5 December 2016

Thin Ice.

A thin layer of ice partially traversed the surface of the lake on this bitterly cold day. The pale sun shone but there was little cheer. On my travels I had walked my healthy 10,000 steps per day by about 11.30 this morning. It is good to see the winter as we head closer to the holiday.

Busy summed today up. I did have a cancellation which allowed me to do a little catching up. The last meeting of the day finally shed some light on that tricky subject of extenuation. I hate being asked for evidence letters as suddenly I have people's future in the power of my hands. Not a good place and as it transpires more complex than some had believed before we met. I doubt we will ever resolve that issue but it was good to at least highlight it.

Monday evening brought rare ribeye steak and a glass of claret. Chatted to dad who is not at his best at the moment. Let's hope for an upturn before Christmas. Now it's time to catch up on the late NFL game. I watch far too much really but it only lasts 4 months of the year so I am time limited.

I'm looking forward to my Christmas break. Feel in need of a rest. My very late one yesterday had a bad knock on effect last night. Did not feel rested after taking some time to get to sleep. Must be more disciplined in not overdoing things. Rest a recuperation is long overdue. Just 2 1/2 weeks to go then I'm done. We need to have a rest.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment