Saturday 10 December 2016

Dark and Dismal.

Not the most enticing of days. Wet, dark and dismal it is the sort of winter day that interests me not at all. The fog of earlier has lifted replaced by fine drizzly rain and gathering gloom. Despite all that I did go out. To the butcher to deliver them some Christmas beer after they looked after me all year. I came out with a pheasant for tomorrow and some pork tenderloin to stir fry with chilli and basil. That was closely followed by an early lunch at The Waggoners, hearty wild boar sausages with green beans and cheesy mash. Just what I needed on this dank day. And finally to town for Christmas shopping and more food. The former was not overly successful aside from something for Beka. Also managed to get some Christmas wine for my friend John who so ably ferries me around throughout the year.

Back home now I'm actually quite pleased with the day despite all the miserable outlook on this weekend so near to Christmas. Another week is down and I survived. My mood is fairly buoyant, probably around plus 2 on my scale. My break is looming and certainly needed.

If I  look back to my posts of late summer and early autumn you will get a glimpse of the fear and anxiety I felt about another academic year. Yet it was wasn't to be. Surprising myself totally it has gone well. Not quite the mini mania of my early years. A year ago I was ready to walk. Now I'm tired but still surfing the crest rather than deluged by the storm that is student mental health.

And with that I will leave you. Perhaps a film is on the cards tonight. Have a good one yourselves.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment