Saturday 3 December 2016

Changing of the Guard.

Although I have known for about a week or so I have thus far not commented on the sale of The Hedgehog. It has been on the market for some months now and what looked a done deal a few weeks ago failed at the last hurdle. All went quiet then but behind the scenes a buyer was in the wings. And now the deed is done.

In a changing of the guard Tony and Josephine who have so kindly looked after me for the last years will make way from a South African gentleman called Francois and his wife. I'm told he is a big rugby fan although I'm not sure a shrine to the Springboks will work in wilds of Knightsfield. I approve of the rugby though.

Talking of which England and Australia have just kicked off at Twickenham which will be my afternoon's entertainment.

Thus far today is just another Saturday. Butcher, town, lunch and chilling. Pork will return in slow roast glory tomorrow and for tonight I have some fresh sardines that I'll simply fry with seasoned flour, some potatoes and perhaps a salad of tomatoes and cucumber. In a sop to responsible living rather than my usual decadence I did manage some washing and cleaning today as well. As I said to the young people on Wednesday these dull tasks must be learned and practised even if other things are far more alluring. Jobs must be done. It gives me a minor sense of not being too lazy after all.

Time now to watch the match. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment