Monday 1 August 2016

Trusted Friends and How it Once Was.

A light drizzle has been gently falling for the past couple of hours. So many days in recent weeks have promised storms that never came. And finally cutting through the heavy air I feel refreshed by its gentle fall.

What a strange day. I went to the Doctor to get my foot looked at. Quite what asking me twice if I smoke and how much I drink have to do with an infected toe I have no idea. Late in most were not there. A quiet morning with no pressure followed by an interlude looking but not buying much at the Galleria. I did come away with two books but they were free on my long neglected Christmas voucher card. Then back for a meeting with one of my oldest and most trusted allies.

Spending an hour and half with her reminded my why I do what I do. I have often said I have many allies but those with the power to help choose not to. But a year on from her elevation to exalted height I was back with someone to trust, who understands what I do and will given time back me.

On Thursday we will hold court together on some training. She wants me to tell my story. She recognises that that is the power. And so a day in which for a while my faith in humanity, compassion and empathy was restored.

Later on a tricky issue I had superb help and interaction with a trainee social worker on a placement that answered all I hoped it would and more. There are some great people out there.

I think today my mood has breached +2 for the first time in a while. I hope it continues.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment