Wednesday 31 August 2016

The Glorious 12th.

The start of the game hunting season is not something I take too much notice of. I don't really move in those kinds of circles, I've never been to a Shooting Estate and it is comparatively rare for me to eat game. Not that I dislike it. On the contrary, pigeon, partridge, pheasant and rabbit are very partial to my palate. I just don't think about it often.

Today though after my marvellous day out at the Market my grouse lies seasoned with pepper, anointed with bacon fat as recommended by the late great Clarissa Dickson Wright, and covered with strips of streaky bacon. It will go in in about 10 minutes for around 35 minutes and be served with roasted potatoes, carrots, beans and if it works out a gravy make with meat juices and port.

I feel most cultured. Rossini opera is on and a nice glass of red is breathing away ready for quaffing shortly.

Being on holiday can be good even when one does very little. Apart from a hair cut and a little shopping today has been a take it easy day. Unlike much of the time since I left work on Friday I slept reasonably well. The dreams had made a most unwelcome return and hindered my recharging.

Tomorrow I will catch the bus to St Alban's to meet my friend Kevin. Some Moroccan food is the plan and a few hostelries. So will have to be up a little earlier.

It looks like I will have to make another foray to the phone shop as I confirmed today a number of messages are failing to get through. So not only did they lose my photos the phone doesn't work properly. Beginning to regret going in to change it. People keep asking when my stream of fine food pictures will reappear on social media. The answer is I don't know. Taking ages to master a faulty piece of junk. That said it take lovely pictures.

Time to get back to the kitchen. See you in September.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment