Saturday 20 August 2016

An Uncommonly Long Weekend.

You find me on an early Saturday evening in late summer listening to Aida, preparing for a rare steak and with an unusual amount of time on my hands. Contrary to the norm I'm having an extra long weekend.

Yesterday was old Joe's funeral. Huge turn out as expected. High emotions and glimpses of errors of the past. I'm hoping though that we gave him the send off he deserved.

With a couple of days left to use up I will be off on Monday and Tuesday as well. Nice that my usual growing of anxiety which normally begins on Saturday night is nowhere to be seen.

I think my mood is okay. I don't feel anxious at all. Just a time to relax with Verdi, some more of my book and a fine glass of Bordeaux with my steak.

Just been chatting to the lovely Jayne in Cambridge. Got slightly mixed up over a visit I may make after my birthday. But there will be another time for a weekend together. Our conversation was cut cut short by the exuberance of her 5 year old James but so be it. He will only be young once.

Tomorrow I may head for the Farmers' Market at Hatfield House. I never made it to the food festival a few weeks back. Even now though a visit is entirely dependent on what time I get up; sleep is too precious to give up. If I don't make it I have lovely free range chicken to cook anyway tomorrow. Some nice Albarino too.

As summer wanes we make the best of what is left. In 10 days I turn 47, each year it surprises me the speed at which I age. We are all the same. I'm hoping to meet dad on the day to take him to Borough Market and perhaps a nice lunch at Brindisa. He's never been so I think he is looking forward to it.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment