Sunday 14 August 2016

Waning Days.

Can you believe that any minute now the English Test Match cricket season will be over? I say any minute, England will lose it is just matter of time. A glorious series which I have enjoyed very much. It marks the waning of summer along with slightly chillier evenings, darkness coming earlier and shops full of return to school offers.

On yet another quiet Sunday I'm reading and cooking. Slow roast lamb today and I'm going to make my own mint sauce following a recipe I saw on TV. I do have the urge to drive to a country pub but will resist.

Finally managed to fit in a trip to London yesterday afternoon. It didn't exactly go to plan but in the end I did get to meet up with Kiwi Sarah, did the BP Portrait Award Exhibition, bought my ethnic football guide and had ribs in Chinatown. Trying to get home was precarious with a severe lack of train crew available and tempers rising but make it I did.

Following advice from my manager I am taking a long weekend next time up. So I will go to Joe's funeral on Friday then rest and chill on Monday and Tuesday. Hoping that will do my mental wellbeing some good.

Also likely to do some good is the possibility I will get a chance to catch up with Ros after that. Always enjoy our reunions. Take care out there as summer wanes. And enjoy what is left.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment