Saturday 6 August 2016

The Indulgence of Summer.

Hello again. My silence since Wednesday has not been owing to still being in the unexpected mire. Fortunately I bounced back from that aberration fairly quickly. It is true that the rest of the week was dull and dragged but I made it.

Now in glorious summer sunshine I'm chilling with Pimm's and cricket. The last 2 days have been beautiful, sunny but not overwhelmingly hot and not too much of that awful humidity of late. It wasn't entirely a lazy day, shopping and cleaning took up some time but it has that feel of a really chilled day.

I've been thinking of my friend Ros who has escaped the life of England to a wonderful holiday in Brittany. I've never actually been there but from what she reports and what I have glimpsed on the TV is looks heavenly. Certainly an opportunity to continue my slow but relentless reintroduction to fish and seafood after mum's excesses for all those years put me off for what I thought would be life.

Simplicity will be the driver in the kitchen tonight. Just some chicken thighs baked with thyme, garlic and rosemary, baby new potatoes, organic carrots (they still have mud on them), cauliflower and French beans. Then tomorrow's Sunday indulgence will be pork slow roasted on a bed of fennel. Looking forward to that.

Next week takes me to London for work, that will make a change. I'm hope the week doesn't drag as much as this one has. See you all at some point then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment