Sunday 28 August 2016

Adventures in Cheese.

The rains finally came today. Not as so often happens in late summer with a fearsome crack of thunder and a great flash of lightning. No that steady but persistent rain that heralds the changing of the seasons.

It was another night of dreams and a late morning. Not sure why but that old nemesis of mine bad dreams seems to be making an unwelcome come back. It is not as bad as it used to be but makes me edgy and tired in the mornings.

On such a Sunday Miriam and Nigel came to visit and took me out to lunch at The Waggoners. Laurent and his crew certainly spoiled us today. Smoked chicken and leek terrine, wonderfully rare beef, and cheese. Yes I took the cheese option and was blown away. Given the recent deluge of French people reading my blog in the last couple of weeks it felt right for an adventure in cheese. It was sublime. Miriam joined me and had a piece of everything on the trolley except the Rochefort as neither of us are great fans of blue cheese.

A few weeks back I was in there for a pint when the cheese man arrived in the refrigerated van and great excitement ensued. I can see why now. I have missed out all these years in cheese barbarity.

What will tomorrow bring? More rain? I don't really care. I just hope for fewer dreams and a gentle day. For the day after I turn 47 with trip to Borough Market with dad and Beka. And Thursday marks the 9th anniversary of moving to Hertfordshire.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment