Sunday 31 July 2016

Luncheon and Supper Plans.

Hello at the end of what has been a very hot and humid July. Things have eased off somewhat now and not much sight of the sun today. I'm at home listening to The Magic Flute with a glass of milk and a tired expression.

Rare is a weekend when I have two different visitors come to see me. Thus this weekend was played out with old friends, old stories and fine food. Friday night took me to meet my friend Tom of Lancing choir days at The Neem Tree. A fine supper and a tiring amount of beer. Then yesterday my friend Erny from King's days took the train over for a most enjoyable afternoon including lunch at The Waggoners and pleasant beers at The Two Willows and The Doctor's Tonic. So I've done the rounds and now pay a tired price for that pleasure.

Fast forward to lunch time today and I struggled to get out of bed. But what does it matter at the weekend? It is time to recuperate.

The week day will come soon enough and the plans for the autumn continue to be slowly made. I'm trying not to think too much about that yet. But given that I struggled badly mentally each of the past two autumns my anxiety will not come as a surprise.

Summer is not complete though. The 3rd Test starts on Wednesday. And no doubt for at least part of that time the sun will shine. I'm hoping my mood lift above the dull 0 or +1 of recent weeks. I have been uninspired really. Not hugely enthused. And that is where my kind friends come in. They keep propping me up even when I flag. Erny commented yesterday that I seemed to know everyone. Sadly those friendships were at times hard won and the devastating loneliness of my move here 9 years ago still sometimes comes back to remind me that living alone can be a perilous occupation at times.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment