Monday 22 August 2016

Not My Day.

Days off work are supposed to be fun, relaxed and joyful. Well my day has been anything but. I had a few things to do today, donate to charity shop, get my coat dry cleaned, get a blazer altered, get a new watch strap and look into upgrading my phone. Of those the only thing that went right was the charity shop.

Who could have thought a watch strap, a clean coat and an altered blazer would cost more than £50? Yes it was that much. Thinking nothing else could go wrong I went into the empty Vodafone shop to ask about a phone. Nearly an hour later I had a new phone, I'd had to move the car as my parking was running out, I'd lost all my photos and only just managed to get the numbers from the old phone to the new one. Is it really supposed to be like that?

On such a humid day I came away too hot, too stressed and too irritated for a holiday day. I suspect it will take me weeks to work out the new phone-I am that bad with technology. In dire need of the drink I vacated to The Sun at Lemsford for a pint-cue irritating, arrogant, sarcastic barman. Fuck off! Not today.

Back home I'm edgy and irritable. Don't know what to do with myself and can settle on nothing. Let us hope tomorrow is better. It is another free day.

What to do then I do not know. Maybe a country drive. A walk. Whatever happens I do have something to look forward to as I'm meeting Ros in London on Thursday. I always enjoy her company.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment