Saturday 27 August 2016

Semi Deserted Streets.

Where has everyone disappeared to? They seem to have vanished. On another close but overcast Saturday there is no sign of the sun and not much sign of life. I did my usual trip to the butcher, then town. It was so quiet. Bought a couple of pairs of Levi's in a sale-shame sale wasn't after pay day but seize the day if you can. I have a Tsing Tao with Yang and a nice cappuccino in Waterstones then home with my new purchases, cleaned coat and very expensively altered blazer.

All the doors and windows are open in the flat and a gentle breeze is barely shifting the stuffy air in here. I fancied listening to strings again today and was overly indulgent-Beethoven's Kreutzer Sonata in the car and now Mozart String Quintets at home.

My mood is buoyant, I have no anxiety and I'm looking forward to fresh linen when I eventually go to bed. Before then the obligatory visit to my kitchen. Prawns are the plan tonight, trying out a new recipe marinated in sumac, coriander, lemon and garlic then fried in olive oil. Perhaps a little Lebanese salad to accompany it. Light and healthy.

Miriam and Nigel are coming tomorrow and we have a table booked at The Waggoners. I guess it will be rare beef again then. We will exchange birthday presents, hers late and mine early.

So many good things coming up in my break but for now I sit back with Mozart, a glass of Pimm's and Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast. Very much enjoying that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment