Tuesday 30 August 2016

Shades of Granada.

Ola! Happy birthday to me! I didn't think I would get to blog today but after a marvellous day out with dad and Beka I'm home relatively early, still full from lunch and enjoying the late sun.

It has been a day that took me back to the city of Granada where of course I met Rachel and went with dad 3 years ago. I wasn't thinking of Rachel today, hadn't crossed my mind when I decided to write. It was a day for us. And what a day.

So long since I made it to the wonderful Borough Market a favourite spot of mine in town. After trying Brindisa in Kensington with my friend Rebecca back in the winter I wanted to try the one at London Bridge. And by God did we go to town. Pitchers of Estrella Damm, sardines, anchovies, prawns, octopus, medium rare pork fillet, olives, cured beef, squid, good bread and tons of fun. A lovely friendly Granadan waiter. And as in Spain the sun shone brilliantly and we sat outside getting nicely tanned and watching the world go by.

And then the Market. Having checked my balance before leaving-pay day is tomorrow-I was somewhat more restrained than usual. I came home with Sri Lankan cinnamon, dried turmeric, mace, pimenton for my friend Gary, sheep's cheese from Spain, a wonderful looking wild boar pate and to top it all a grouse to roast for my supper tomorrow.

Back at home I'm still so hot from town I'm actually in shorts. Cooling off with a chilled beer and Rick Stein on.

On days like today I am reassured that I'm so blessed with the many kind people in my life. My love of good food. And that the devil that is mental illness was politely absent on this my birthday. Please stay away.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment