Friday 2 September 2016

The Ebbing Tide of Change.

Welcome to September. A month that I'm very fond of. The tide of summer is ebbing away, cooler days await, beautiful leaf falls, the NFL, and my annual 2 week break from the madness. Although still warm out there the overcast skies show certain change.

Having spent way too much on shopping, a small amount on lunch with Yang and a gentle drive home I'm now back with my opera and planning an afternoon of reading.

Plans for next week have finally emerged. Feeling slightly overwhelmed I've cancelled a couple of thing to simplify my life. Now it just lies with my first visit to Twickenham in over 25 years to watch Harlequins then catching the train next Thursday to Cambridge to visit Jayne and finally meet up with my former colleague Richard who now works up there.

Cambridge has defined so many sections my life. But sadly not recently despite my efforts. That said on the day that marks the 9th anniversary of my move to Hertfordshire I could live in worse counties. Okay so work at times derails me and sometimes the pressure gets too much but in the main I am settled in my adoptive county.

And few places in this county are finer that St Alban's where I met up with my friend Kevin yesterday. Such a good day, fine lunch at Little Marrakech, and visits to The Boot, The White Swan and The Lower Red Lion. St Alban's has some wonderful hostelries.

Thus I leave you on a quiet Friday afternoon at the beginning of another autumn, may it be good for all of you.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment