Friday 13 May 2016

Wrap Up Warm.

God it was cold today. It's supposed to be May. But I was seriously under-dressed against that chilly wind. My thoughts go out to our students who are having the Student Union Ball tonight. I went in my first year there with my friend Ali. We had fun but that too was awfully cold in the early hours. Oh how things change for some. Ali is now married with 3 boys and spent the last 3 years in Nigeria. And me? Same old same old.

Well another week is over. 3 weeks now lie between us and Naples. Not too anxious yet but I'm sure it will arrive. It was actually a remarkably good day in that 9 years in we may have finally closed the link between what I do and our colleagues in the Trust. I did have some conversations at the highest levels which may or may not have born fruit. But we got more than we ever dreamed of.

Back at home it would have been so easy to just go and get ribs but I had a sudden brainwave, roast potatoes. 45 minutes in goose fat at 230 degrees brought the most miraculous result. With cold pork, fresh vegetables and gravy it made a simple but triumphant supper.

All being well I will hop on the bus mid morning and head for St Albans. I have it on good authority...my friend Faith...that the couscous stuffed poussin at Cafe Marrakech is fantastic. I will report back.

Have a fantastic weekend but wrap up warm, the cold will continue in the morning. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment