Monday 9 May 2016

Sunday on Monday.

A downside to going away for the weekend is I never have anything to cook when I get back. Most times I go away a pub provides my obligatory roast dinner. But not yesterday. Having visited the local golf club at the invitation of the chairman it transpired that their alternate week roast dinners did not fall yesterday.

I had no plans particularly to rectify the situation today but saw a love piece of free range pork leg in Waitrose and simply couldn't resist. In my hurry to get back and put it in the oven I forgot all manner of things I wanted but it is in roasting away seasoned in Cornish sea salt, Vietnamese pepper and local thyme. So Sunday comes to Monday.

Late to eat but I have Handel playing beautifully, I have opened a 2007 bottle of Tempranillo and am being cultured. An evening shower has cut through the humidity of another unusually warm and sticky day. All very pleasant now.

The day was okay. Had to make a judgement call that time will tell. That's what happens when I'm powerless and no one else is around. If I have got it wrong it could be very wrong. But there is little I can when students are out of area and I have no idea where they are or who I can call to help. Time will judge me wise or a fool.

Must get on now, pork nearly ready to rest. I rarely cook leg so it might not be my best. But I didn't have time to slow roast shoulder as I'm wont to do; would have been eating around 10 pm. Too hungry for that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment