Sunday 8 May 2016

Maybe the Last Time?

As I stepped out into the brilliant sunshine from my dad's doorway bag over my shoulder and shades on it occurred to me that it may well have been the last time I passed over that portal. Can it really be over after 37 years? We don't have completion date yet but given it is likely just after our holiday I doubt I will see it again.

Off and on that house has been a part of my life. During the darkness of my illness I lived there. In the light of my wellness I visited there. And now in portly middle age I think I have said goodbye. A glorious day to go out on as a spring hot snap has engulfed the UK in wonderful warmth and light.

My journey home was uneventful. I made Pimm's when I got home and will be doing that nice goat's cheese and melon salad with a mint dressing. And an opera, Tosca I think today. I have plenty of reading to do. And I must select a book for our trip.

Friday's aberration on health front was just that, curry induced. Not often curry does that to me but it was a bad day.

In the morning I will return to the strange world of exams. The place goes through a change of gear during that period. Give it 3 weeks and it is all but over. See you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment