Sunday 22 May 2016

A Redundant Afternoon.

My plan such as it was was to watch the Test match at Headingley all afternoon with a lazy Sunday. However, England having demolished Sri Lanka inside 3 days including breaks for rain and bad light has led to a change in my afternoon activities. Opera back on the menus today, Haydn for a change. The paper is all but read, just the magazine to go, and now I'm left with a redundant afternoon. So what to do?

I did sit down and write something for the HPUFT governor election. They don't exactly make it easy to submit electronically. I hope I don't lose out because of a flawed nomination process. How much of that is down to my IT frailties I don't know. But given that there are 11 public governor places up for grabs I hope I'm in with a chance.

The low day yesterday led me early to bed. Once again though the nightmares bit back. Ironic really in that yesterday marked 2 years since I gave up smoking and in the main my nightmares stopped. I don't really like dreaming.

Mood wise though I feel a little better. Yesterday was my first venture into minus territory for a couple of weeks. Maybe I will nudge a plus 1 today if I'm lucky.

I am looking forward to my roast gammon later. I've not bought it from the butcher before so a new adventure. I think I might go for a walk after the Haydn has finished-back to Sunday exercise.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment