Wednesday 25 May 2016

Learning Week.

Some of our students get a reading week during term time. I'm not sure what the rationale for that is but I'm not sure too many of them do too much reading. I don't read enough but I do have a philosophy that says learn something every day and learn something from everyone I meet. Good motives and much of the time it works.

Entering my final week before my holiday I wasn't overly motivated or interested in learning too much. Meeting I didn't relish and training that I thought might not teach me much. But I was wrong on both counts.

On Monday I learned a new term that I rather liked. Dual experience. You will all know my views on them and us and us and them. What do we call those of us who are both? Well art therapy uses the term dual experience. My views on therapy are not very charitable but I do like that.

Then on to today and a course on young people and on line safety. I was really impressed. And it did something I didn't expect which was to allow the disparate parts of Student Wellbeing to talk openly about their experiences. There was a notable lack of counsellors but they were all on strike. I came away pleased with the day and amazed quite how much I do use technology despite my well voiced fears.

My issue of the election could not be solved electronically so paper, pen and stamp played a part. How disappointing that was.

Now more than half way through the week I had a lovely roast chicken dinner, a glass of Albarino along with my beloved Mozart. And after this back to reading and learning. What will I learn tomorrow?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment