Saturday 25 July 2015

Worthiness Rewarded.

My friend Kevin who I met in Spain said to me recently how hard it is is to read worthy books. You know, the classics we all ought to read but find it such hard work to do so. Well it may have taken nearly 2 years but I have finally finished Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Actually rather than being dull as many classics are it is a great read. The problems comes more in the intensity of it which reduced me to reading only 2-3 chapters at a time. But I'm glad I read it. Those who wonder at the great upheaval which is the Arab world today would do well to read it for it provides a mighty insight.

Accompanying my final push on the book I have had Handel's Israel in Egypt. I'm still debating whether to devote tonight to more culture and reading or to just watch Morse. Whatever I do it will be preceded by a healthy supper of pan fried sardines, Jersey Royal potatoes and a tomato salad.

I think I feel better after yesterday's abject despondency. Sleeping helped, I didn't wake up until 12.30 pm. Though whether I have the energy to make it to London tomorrow as planned has yet to be decided. I could really do with a day of nothing. Oh well, I will decide on the morrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment