Saturday 18 July 2015

The English Summer Season.

Is there a finer way to spend a sunny Friday afternoon than at Lord's watching the Ashes Test? I spent the day there yesterday surrounded by yellow shirted Aussies and a few English gentlemen. In Panama hat and blazer with bottle of chilled English Chapel Down Bacchus wine I certainly did my part as an English gentleman. It was not exactly England's day as Australia battered them all round the field then blew away the top order. Led by the legendary Aussie bowler Merv Hughes who seemed to be in charge of the yellow shirted brethren, the eruption of noise when Joe Root was caught behind was a sound to be heard. I had a marvellous day.

With the sun still in the air today has been a little more sedate. Shopping then cleaning. I have a gammon joint tomorrow as I have friends coming for dinner. The rest of my beef vindaloo tonight and perhaps an episode of Morse. Summer is moving so fast. It was nice to have a day away from work although there life went on as my student I was concerned about was finally detained. That made me feel very sad but sometimes it needs to happen.

The week after next will be busy. Sunday lunch with my New Zealand friend Sarah. She has lived in Thailand for a few years so it will be a long time to catch up. Then on the Wednesday I head for Kent for Laura's wedding. A nice chance to catch up with dad too. But for now it back to my glass of Pimm's and the cricket. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment