Saturday 4 July 2015

Books Galore.

A few days on from my last baffled post I am none the wiser what went wrong. The dust has settled, despite the fears of some I did not go into meltdown and another weekend is upon us.

I'm listening to Haydn on yet another warm afternoon and reading. I did venture out early for a fiercely short haircut, to shop and a little visit to The Horns. Not been there for a while. I also managed some domesticity despite the heat and am limbering myself up for a curry.

Further opera will ensue after the curry, Tchaikovsky's The Queen of Spades. And reading. Nearly there on T E Lawrence. I still have a pile of unread books and that will only get worse as I discovered last week that Waterstones is coming to town. I'm not sure when they are opening but it will be nice to have a book shop back a couple of years after the last one closed.

I suppose I ought to brave the heat and go for a walk tomorrow. Slow roast shoulder of lamb is on the menu with some home made mint sauce. It's been a while since I had lamb on a Sunday.

See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment