Sunday 12 July 2015

A Thumping Victory!

Did anyone out there really expect what happened in Cardiff over the last few days? England's beleaguered and much maligned cricket team thumping Australia inside 4 days. At 43 for 3 after the first hour England seemed doomed once again to be humiliated. Yet they fought back to out bat, out bowl and out field Australia. What a day yesterday when the last wicket fell to a skied catch in the deep. Battle resumes on Thursday and on Friday I will take my seat in my finery in the Grandstand at Lord's for what I hope will be a marvellous day out.

Back to Sunday Tosca has been played in its entirety, I took a 40 minute walk, I'm waiting for King's on Choral Evensong at 3 pm, the pork has just gone in the oven and reading beckons. It is a beautiful spare rib cut of pork, very hard to find normally. That will roast on a low temperature for around 4 hours for a melting texture. A friend is coming and bringing Rioja.

Mentally I think I'm doing pretty well. Must update my mood diary tomorrow, I'm somewhat behind. My new colleague Sami starts tomorrow. I hope her bountiful energy and enthusiasm doesn't get lost in the face of the many brick walls I have run into in the last 8 years.

Summer is marching on. Soon NFL training camps will be upon us I'm really hoping this time next year my beloved Rams will be back in Los Angeles where they belong.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment